Thursday, September 20, 2018

Carpe Potestatem

This past weekend, I worked an event. I met a couple of hundred people. Most of them I will probably never see again. The few I made connections which may prove very valuable.

I am a believer in win-win situations. I spoke to one of the people I met, who introduced me to someone else, with who I may be doing a substantial amount of business. I called this person with one idea and they gave me another, which I believe will grow my business while creating a new revenue source for my new friend. Win-win!

Often times we ignore opportunities because they show up dressed like work, or they are too complicated. We hope things will be a certain way and are discouraged when they are different. We do this at our peril. I am busy and I'm doing well, but I am not in a position to ignore opportunities. Not by a long shot. There's always room for more.

Opportunities are gifts, but not in the traditional sense. They are not easy. They almost always require lots of assembly and usually don't bring instructions. Sometimes they even bring the wrong instructions. You need to put on your thinking cap and make it happen.

The best way to find the right opportunities is to sift through the wrong ones. The more bad ones you get through, the more good ones you'll find. More opportunities, good or bad, equals more success.

Go get 'em!


Adolfo Jimenez is an executive coach, entrepreneur, consultant, book club nerd, and family man living in Hollywood, FL. He is the owner of Le Velo Macaron and other businesses.

You can find him on Instagram and LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment