Friday, September 7, 2018

The Importance of Having a Dog

I love my dog. His name is Baxter. He's a good boy, yes he is. Sorry. I get carried away. Baxter is a silky terrier. He's a happy hyper little guy and he's a great source of exercise. I walk him in the morning and in the evening. It's good for him and it's good for me.

My doctor told me a couple of years ago that I'm allergic to dogs but Baxter was already in my life and he wasn't going anywhere. You never leave a man behind. It's funny because I would never call myself an animal lover. But I do love this little dog of mine,

I didn't write this to encourage people to adopt dogs although it's a nice thing to do. The point is that it's good to get out and do something distracting now and then. I take about 60-90 minutes a day to walk with my buddy. It's time well spent. I walk, which is healthy, and I listen to audiobooks on my iPhone, which is increasing my skills, my knowledge, and my value.

All because of this little dog, who by the way is a crimefighter. He goes out at night and defends Gotham City from the forces of evil. Oops! I wasn't supposed to tell you that. Pretend you didn't hear me!


Adolfo Jimenez is an executive coach, entrepreneur, book club nerd, and family man living in Hollywood, FL. He is the owner of Le Velo Macaron

You can find him on Instagram and LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment