Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Trusting Your Gut

You ever get that feeling? You know the one. Down in the pit of your stomach. Sometimes it's positive. Sometimes, it's a bad feeling. It's a real thing and you ought to listen to it. Let it guide you. Think of yourself as a Jedi and that feeling is The Force.

I don't know how to explain that feeling. Maybe it's God. Maybe it's the lizard brain. Maybe it's luck. Maybe it's something we all imagine. All I know is, it's usually right.

I believe it's the accumulation of experience. I think all the mistakes we've made, conversations we've had, books we've read, and advice we've received, go to some place in our being and create that feeling. I think that's why it becomes louder and more reliable as we get older, and I think that's why we ought to listen to it.



Adolfo Jimenez is an executive coach, entrepreneur, book club nerd, and family man living in Hollywood, FL. He is the owner of Le Velo Macaron

You can find him on Instagram and LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment