Monday, August 27, 2018

Who Are You?

Who are you?

Not your name. You.

When people see you, what do they see?

What is your brand?

These are questions everyone in the business world needs to answer. Whether you are an entrepreneur or you're selling cars or driving for Lyft or Uber, you need a brand.

I am a creature of habit. I go to a rotation of restaurants near my office for lunch. There are two in particular that I visit once a week. The waitresses know my name and they know what I like to eat. I'm not special. I'm sure they do this for every one of their regulars. They've branded themselves as being better than other servers. I'm sure their pay reflects this fact.

These ladies have branded themselves. Shouldn't you? What do you want to be known for? Do you want to be just another car salesman or do you want to be "My Guy down at the Chevy Dealership?" Do you want to be a dental hygienist or Britney, the amazing young lady at my dentist's office?

Decide who you want to be and resolve to become that person. Share your journey with the world and you are taking your first step toward branding yourself.

Let me know who you become.


Adolfo Jimenez is an executive coach, entrepreneur, book club nerd, and family man living in Hollywood, FL. He is the owner of www.levelomacaron.com 
You can find him at https://www.instagram.com/adolfo.jimenez/

No comments:

Post a Comment