Friday, July 12, 2019

What Are You Reading?

What Are You Reading?

If your answer is:

A) Nothing
B) I don't have time to read
C) I'm not much of a reader
D) Huh?
E) All of the above


I have news for you: you'll never make it as a writer.

I'm no authority on such matters since I am not a household name. I am known in my own home, but just barely so. I just believe we should all be willing to eat our own cooking.

But even if you're not a writer. Reading is amazing. It's guided imagination. You and I can watch a movie and see the same thing. But we can both read a book and have hours of discussion about what the writer was trying to say and what this or that meant. Imagination is just like any other muscle: use it or lose it. (I know the imagination is not a muscle. Work with me. I was being imaginative.)

So... just read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment