Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Quit Your Day Job!

Don't! I meant to say Don't Quit Your Day Job!

The allure of art is strong. But the allure of food and shelter are stronger. It's a wonderful thing to be an artist; to spend the day with your head in the clouds and the evening at a party with the glitterati. But it doesn't happen to everyone.

I work a full-time plus job. I make a decent living. I complain about it all the time. And as a result, I am writing this blog in the comfort of my lovely home with the air cooled to a comfortable temperature.

There are countless stories of starving artists who make it big but there are more stories of the ones who starved and had to go back to the real world. And there are plenty of stories that ended in worse ways.

If you have responsibilities, meet them. If you're young and still live at home, chase your dream for as long as your parents will allow. If you have a sugar daddy or sugar mommy, good for you!

But be responsible. I don't want to support you with my tax dollars.






Adolfo Jimenez is a writer living in Hollywood, FL. His first published novella, The Man in the Gray Sky, was released in April 2019. The follow up, A Season in Exile, is scheduled for release in September 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment