Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Why

This isn't my first blog.
It's not my second.
It's my third.
Not three blog posts, three actual blogs!

I'm not including the aborted attempts. Three blogs. One about me. One about current events. This one... about damn time. It's about writing. I've been writing for over twenty years. Books, screenplays, short stories, poems, essays. Blogs! A lot of writing. A lot of words.

I guess I'm writing this blog because I recently decided to identify as a writer. Writing has been a private thing for me. No more. This is how my midlife crisis is manifesting. I already have a convertible. I don't have the patience to date women half my age. So, I write. And I will write about writing which is the worst, most pretentious writing there is.

There will also be some interesting stuff here, I hope. That, I suppose, is for you to decide.

I don't know what my plans for this blog are, but I will probably post poems or thoughts or... this is already boring me to tears.

Stay tuned. I hope to make this worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment