Saturday, July 10, 2021

The New Timeline

 I am researching stand-up paddle boards. I've been contemplating the purchase for quite a while. The feeling comes and goes. I really want one! Can't live without it! And then something else comes along and grabs my attention and the board idea sinks. I can't be the only one who experiences this. Surely, there are others.

Of course, researching products will inevitably lead you to reading reviews. Reviews can be helpful and, perhaps incidentally, entertaining.

Lately, as I read reviews, the theme I keep coming across is the pandemic, specifically how the lockdown affected people's purchasing decisions. This is by no means a scientific thing, but I can't help noticing how the illegal government-mandated lockdowns affected people.

I won't go into it all as it's been played out. I only wanted to make one simple observation.

Time used to be designated as BC or AD. We are living in AD 2021. The way I have begun to look at time now is a different BC. It's Before Covid. I'd like to believe there will eventually be an AL, meaning After Lockdown, but I have no expectation that the government will ever be inclined to give back its power.

We are living in the Age of Covid. It was nearing its conclusion so the Delta Variant was released. I don't know much about it, but I know that it has already been weaponized by the state. I don't know there will ever be a post-lockdown world. I think we'll just watch Big Brother turn the volume up when necessary. 

I hope I'm wrong, but you and I both know I'm not.



Adolfo Jimenez is an author, poet, and blogger. He lives in Hollywood, Florida. He has published ten books, which you can find here.






<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-8729603388037550" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

No comments:

Post a Comment