Monday, November 11, 2019

Inspired by Fools

Maybe the title of this post is unfair. I am a lover of people. I love meeting people and talking to people. I love making friends. I love fools because I am a fool.

I was at a cocktail party last night and got into some great conversations including one with a man who kept looking at my name tag, which read Adolfo and still managed to call me Alfredo. But he was a nice man and we made friends. He can call me anything he wants. I guess as long as my wife gets my name right, I have little to worry about.

I met this man and he made an impression and I have no doubt that I will see him again sometime in the future. But even if I never see him again, he was a hell of a character and it wouldn't surprise me to see him pop up in my creative work some day in the future, knowing him for a few hours was worth it. He was great fun.

As a writer, every experience is potentially part of a story.  Everyone you meet can be a character. Every place you visit is a setting. All the better if they manage to entertain you.


Adolfo Jimenez is a writer living against his will in Hollywood, Florida.  His latest release is Scenes from a 1979 Ford Fairmont, a short book of poems. Get it on Amazon!

Check him out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment